Pages

April 25, 2010

If you find yourself in Athens, Ohio

Edited May 3: I couldn't take the layout problems, so once I was back on the laptop I had to fix the formatting on this post.


I've never tried blogging from the bberry, so I don't know how this post is going to look. Angst.

The photo I hope you can see displays the last 4 bites of a $3.75 "Baby Mama Grande" -- baby means small -- from Big Mama's Burritos. The *only* place I ate downtown during speech nationals at Ohio U. My meal budget thanks you.

Lots of rice, chunks of chicken, identifiable black beans? This ain't some nondescript burrito paste. Cilantro. Just-hot-enough sauce. Sigh...

Find Big Mama's maybe 2 blocks off campus, on Court Street near the movie theater.
End mobile restaurant review...

I made some ridiculous mac & cheese today, which will be the subject of a late week real post. I've been avoiding the internet, seeing as I've had 3-D people to talk to on my road trip.

Also? Turns out I'm kind of a mess at spring cooking.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. You start a compost pile yet at home??

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, yum. I am hungry now!

    I find I'm not a big fan of cilantro though...what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey: you jest, no? What am I going to do with a compost pile? Seeing as my fertilizer needs are nonexistent.

    Courtney: I think chefs tend to overuse cilantro, and turn people off to it. Generally I don't want to *taste* the cilantro. But I love the freshness a small amount adds to a complex flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Blog lurkers bum me out. Speak your mind, s'il vous plait.