Pages

May 05, 2010

Tennessee

I seem to be getting a little old for this epic road trip shit. At least, the recovery time keeps getting longer. Could I really have left Georgia nearly a month ago? Oh yes. Add a raging case of PMS (thanks crappy road-trip food), and I just want to hide under the covers for another 2 weeks.

Bah. Enough with the self-pity.

Today my thoughts are with the flood survivors in Tennessee, Kentucky & Missouri. Loved ones lost, homes destroyed, lives upended. I'm most shocked because I learned about this disaster? On FACEBOOK. And it's not like I avoid the news. I read the New York Times and Washington Post almost daily. I'm addicted to the BBC. But between the would-be Times Square bomber and the crude oil gushing in the Gulf of Mexico, it's no surprise the mid-South is getting the short end of the news-cycle stick.

Just look at this slide show from the Tennesseean newspaper. My family in Nashville is safe and dry; we've been blessed and I am thankful.

Want to help? Text 'REDCROSS' to 90999 to contribute $10 to the relief effort.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Misty....but I don't ever watch the news. You're at least two up on me! Thanks for sharing the slideshow. And my best to your fortunate family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch the news at all...get all my news from the MSN homepage or Facebook. I am still kind of shocked about Nashville, to be honest. It's so sad.

    Glad your family is safe!

    ReplyDelete

Blog lurkers bum me out. Speak your mind, s'il vous plait.