Pages

February 05, 2010

Following up on Curt's memorial

I wanted to take a couple of minutes to aggregate some things I've read about our tragic loss of Curt Byars.

First, a wholly inadequate thank you goes to Sarah. I couldn't make the memorial service in Peoria on Wednesday, so her tribute has meant the world to me.

Harry Times, All Jacked Up: Borrowed; blue

Also, if you're Facebook friends with Dan Smith, please check out his Notes page. He has graciously shared the text of his eulogy, which I recommend to all.

Obituaries: Peoria Journal Star and Pekin Daily Times

And here are a few older news stories. Some have appeared in the "I share" section of the right-hand column, but for your convenience...

Peoria Journal-Star: Cigarette or lighter suspected in fatal car fire

Pekin Daily Times: Victim of car fire identified

WEEK-TV: Pekin Fire Victim Identified

This photo keeps breaking my heart.

My thoughts continue to go with the countless people all over the country who are hurting from this loss. Our world will never be the same. But it is within our power to keep Curt's laughter and legacy alive, in our memories and our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog lurkers bum me out. Speak your mind, s'il vous plait.