Pages

January 19, 2010

Our last night in the Green

I post this as we get ready to crash for the last time in our apartment. The overwhelming majority of our worldly goods are here...


I'm excited, sure, but I'm kind of freaking out. I always thought of myself as a country girl. Now here I go to Atlanta. I'm in a sentimental mood.

I'll miss a few things about this place. Dinners at El Mazatlan and my friends in the Women's Studies house come immediately to mind.

I won't miss a lot of other things. My one square foot of kitchen counter space, endlessly partying (without me) college kids, and eating/sleeping/working/chilling all in one room to name a few.

It's been more than 6 years since we last pulled a U-Haul up to the back door. What was life like back then?
  • No one outside Chicago and Springfield had ever heard of Barack Obama
  • Facebook didn't exist
  • We thought Mars had no water
  • Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, and Barry Bonds were heroes
  • Same-sex couples couldn't marry anywhere in America
  • Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather had jobs
  • Martha Stewart wasn't an ex-con
  • We were "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq -- wait...
Add your own!

It may be a few days before I can post again. Depends how fast they are at hooking up internet in Georgia. But when I return I'll have photos of our new place. Wish us luck everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog lurkers bum me out. Speak your mind, s'il vous plait.