Pages

January 02, 2010

End-of-Year Review, 2009

In honor of August over at NoteThis, who has suspended his blogging indefinitely. I miss you, man! So much that I'm stealing your shit.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Cooked some meals involving only farm-fresh ingredients. Best? Chicken gumbo. Worst: eggplant Parmesan.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make resolutions last year. Here is my list for 2010.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, it was a slow year for the breeders, although 2010 is shaping up to be fertile.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Mercifully, no

5. What countries did you visit?
Does Evanston count? No wait. That's a freaking 'nother planet.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A Wii -- is that shallow?

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 15th: It was a life-changer, but I'd rather forget the why.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I didn't smack someone who really deserved it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
See #8.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only my ego. Screw you swine flu!

11.What was the best thing you bought?
A Toyota Solara, which I've been wanting for years.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My darling Douglas, who somehow still loves me after all this time.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Probably better not to say. See #8.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Hmm, probably debt repayment.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My darling Douglas got a job offer! Still excited for our impending move to Hot-lanta.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Marshall Tucker Band's "Searching for a Rainbow"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder?: happier
ii. thinner or fatter?: probably a shade thinner
iii. richer or poorer? poorer (for now, see #15)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Socializing

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Fretting about the future

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Oops, guess I put this off too long. It was a quiet dinner with my darling Douglas. (Is that getting gross yet?)

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Every day, with my darling Douglas. (Yeah okay even I'm getting grossed out now.)

24. What was your favorite TV program?
"Being Human"

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Surprisingly, no

26. What was the best book you read?
Complete works of H.P. Lovecraft

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tim Minchin

28. What did you want and get?
See #11.

29. What did you want and not get?
An assistantship for a doctoral program

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ink

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We probably went out to dinner, but I wouldn't swear to it. 33.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A little more life direction. Then again, maybe direction is overrated.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Substance over style... oh, and stretch (both budgets and waistbands)

34. What kept you sane?
See #22. Also learning to cook those pretentious (but delicious, dammit) farm-fresh meals.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Barrowman (swoon) for a third year running!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Unemployment I guess, but for entirely personal reasons. I've mostly been on political sabbatical.

37. Who did you miss?
My Bradley babies

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hard to say. My gut says Coby.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Any species that isn't on the verge of extinction isn't really living.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
maybe faking it will get me in
but faking it has always been a sin

"God" -Tim Minchin
Hope at least some of y'all have been enjoying the Doctor Who marathon that's been running since yesterday. Damn I need a DVR.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Misty. Love your honesty. Now take that Solara for a spin to Chi-town dammit! Puh-lease?!

    ReplyDelete

Blog lurkers bum me out. Speak your mind, s'il vous plait.